Educate and motivate your faculty! We offer full- or half-day workshops covering core competencies and topics of interest for nursing and health professions faculty; most include continuing education credits. Topics include:
- Test Item Writing to Foster Critical Thinking: Learn how to write test items that foster critical thinking in your students and help them improve their clinical judgement and succeed on the NCLEX or other certification exams.
- Teaching Strategies for Student Engagement: Discover practical strategies to engage your nursing students by creating learner-centered lesson plans that transform classrooms and clinicals into active learning experiences while improving critical thinking skills.
- Concept-Based Curriculum: Options and Opportunities: Whether you’re just starting a CBC, are looking to improve your teaching strategies, or want to incorporate concepts into a traditional curriculum, you will learn how conceptual learning can improve students’ knowledge, skills and attitudes.
- The Multi-Generational Classroom: From baby boomers to millennials, learn practical strategies for structuring learning experiences to emphasize each generation’s strengths while setting clear standards necessary for professional practice.
- Improving Student Retention: Explore strategies to improve your program’s retention rates, including the use of pre-admission assessments to identify students likely to succeed, early identification of students at risk, and teaching and remediation methods that encourage knowledge retention.
We are happy to customize workshops to your specific needs. Please contact us if you have a specific topic in mind.