Educate and motivate your faculty! We offer full- or half-day workshops covering core competencies and topics of interest for nursing and health professions faculty; most include continuing education credits. Topics include:
- Test Item Writing to Foster Clinical Judgment: Learn how to write test items that foster critical thinking and clinical judgment in your students and help them succeed on the NCLEX or other certification exams. Current results from the NCSBN Next Generation NCLEX project will be presented.
- Developing Clinical Judgment in Class, Lab, and Clinical Experiences: Prepare for the future while improving students’ clinical judgment today. The NCSBN’s Next Generation NCLEX initiative will change nursing education profoundly. Discover how teaching strategies that focus on developing clinical judgment are essential to preparing your students for Next Gen NCLEX and learn strategies you can implement into your curriculum now to prepare your students for licensure success and competent nursing practice.
- The Multi-Generational Classroom: From baby boomers to millennials and now “Gen Z,” learn practical strategies for structuring learning experiences to emphasize each generation’s strengths while setting clear standards necessary for professional practice.
- Teaching Strategies for Student Engagement: Discover practical strategies to engage your nursing students by creating learner-centered lesson plans that transform classrooms and clinicals into active learning experiences while improving critical thinking skills.
- Concept-Based Curriculum: Options and Opportunities: Whether you’re just starting a CBC, are looking to improve your teaching strategies, or want to incorporate concepts into a traditional curriculum, you will learn how conceptual learning can improve students’ knowledge, skills and attitudes.
- Improving Student Retention: Explore strategies to improve your program’s retention rates, including the use of pre-admission assessments to identify students likely to succeed, early identification of students at risk, and teaching and remediation methods that encourage knowledge retention.
- Using Remediation to Improve Clinical Judgment: Discover best practices for developing, evaluating, and revising remediation processes for students using results of the NCSBN Strategic Job Analysis (2018) as the framework for discussing a comprehensive remediation process.
We are happy to customize workshops to your specific needs. Please contact us if you have a specific topic in mind.